We just got our brand new slide in induction range! It is a classic design with state of the art features. It’s been a week that the Samsung induction range has been in our house – and we are on a spree to cook food from around the world! And yesterday I made some really yummy Mexican eggs! I had been wondering exactly how to go about it. But then I came across this really easy peasy recipe online! And might I say – the recipe was a hit, and an absolute keeper!
It has already gone into my recipe collection scrapbook, along with a photo of the completed dish for posterity.
And now I am about to share this with you!
To make this you will need:
• Olive oil – 1 tbsp
• Garlic clove (crushed) – 1
• Brown onion (finely diced) – 1 small
• Smoked paprika – 1 tsp
• Tomatoes (roughly chopped) – 300 grams
• Red capsicum (seeds removed and finely chopped) – ½
• Chicken stock – 80 ml
• Eggs – 2
• Coarsely grated cheddar – 2 tbsp
• Parsley (chopped) – to serve
• A 20 cm heavy non-stick frying pan
Now for the instruction:
1. Place the saucepan over heat and heat the olive oil.
2. Once oil is warmed throw in the garlic and onion and fry for about 2 minutes on a medium low heat, or till the onions are translucent and softened.
3. Throw in the paprika and stir. Cook for another 1 minute.
4. Now throw in the capsicum followed by the tomatoes.
5. Stir and let it come up to a simmer. Cook on the simmer for 3 to 5 minutes. By this time the tomatoes will be soft.
Check out this gluten free baking powder for your kitchen
6. Now pour in the stock and put on a cover for the ingredients to cook and the flavors to meld together.
7. In roughly 5 minutes, the whole mix should have thickened.
8. Add salt and pepper to your liking and stir.
9. Now cook uncovered for another half a minute.
10. Now make a hollow in one side of the gravy and break in the egg carefully.
11. Repeat with the other egg on the other side. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or till the eggs are done. If you like the tops to be more cooked, just throw on a loose fitting lid.
12. Now quickly pour over the grated cheddar and parsley and serve with fresh toast!
This makes for a great dish – so do give it a shot!